Math Literacy for College Class Page
Online Practice: MathXL
|Date||Done in Class||Handouts/Homework (click to open/download)|
|8/6||Welcome!||#001 and #002 in Google Classroom due 8/10|
This year, we will be following Black Hawk College’s curriculum to guide our learning. Upon successful completion of this course, the
student shall be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the characteristics of functions and apply this knowledge in modeling and problem solving
- Perform operations on expressions and functions and make use of those operations in modeling and problem solving.
- Solve equations in the context of modeling and problem solving.
- Represent mathematical information symbolically, visually, numerically, and verbally.
- Estimate and check answers to mathematical problems in order to determine reasonableness, identify alternatives, and select optimal results.
- Use mathematically correct vocabulary and symbolism to communicate problem statements, problem-solving methods, and interpretations of the solutions to problems.